08 March 2007

The Journey Begins

American novelist Don Williams, Jr. once said "Yet our lessons come from the journey, not the destination." So it is with Freemasonary. Our path isnt to reach the top of the staircase, to get that 33ยบ, it is to become the best person we can, to make good men better. All of us have our own reasons for joining, for seeking more light. I went into mine somewhat in my first blog entry.

The first step on my Journey was finding a lodge and getting a petition. After almost 3 months my ballot was completed Tuesday night 6 Mar and I was accepted. I have my EA degree on 16 Mar. I dont think I have the words to describe how excited I am! I got chocked up when I got the news that I was accepted.

My poor loving wife has been hearing Bro. Frank Williams singing "Brother Mason" over and over now since Wed and I think its starting to get on her nerves lol.

The lessons come from the journey... So Mote It Be!

1 comment:

The Griot said...

Seeker of Light,

Hopefully, this email will find you in the best of health and spirits. Thank-you so much for the warm welcome. Congratulations on your acceptance into the lodge! In about a week you will be an Entered Apprentice, that's wonderful. So how is your day so far? Mine is just beginning. I'm very happy that you enjoyed my post enough to leave a comment. I will keep in contact and I hope that you will do the same. May G-d's peace and blessing be upon you and your family.

Your within a week Brother in Atlanta,

Isaiah Coffey