22 August 2007

Unexpected Night

Tonight the brother I turned in my EA proficiency with was turning in his FC proficiency and being raised to the sublime degree of Master Mason. As I always do I went to the lodge for fellowship and dinner prior to the Raising and to observe his FC proficiency . As we were chatting and enjoying another wonderful meal by our Stewards the JW and SW approached and asked if Id be interested in turning in my FC also. Since the SW is my coach/mentor we chatted about it and decided that if we ran through it real fast I should be good to go. For the sake of brevity, we did a good job! I was amazed at how well we did since we dont study together and hadnt practiced together. He was raised tonight and I should have mine scheduled in a few days to a week!

I'm very excited and since I cant go to bed yet I thought Id post an update! I hope we can get it scheduled before the next National Sojourners meeting in Sept, one of my Masonic goals is to become a member of this group! As I'm often reminded, Masonry is not a sprint but a marathon. Tonight was but another step in the lesson and the journey!



The lessons come from the journey... So Mote It Be!

1 comment:

Traveling Man said...

The very best to you, and I hope soon to greet you as a full member of our Fraternity.

While I don't always comment here, I enjoy your blog. After you are raised and ever find yourself in Middltown CT on the first or third Monday....

TM